Serves 8 , Serving size 1 Burrito
- 1lb ground turkey sausage
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ½ white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 32oz carton “Better’n Eggs” liquid eggs
- 1 package Tumaro’s Garden Veggie “Low-In-Carb” Wraps
- 1 bag low-fat shredded cheddar
- Plastic Wrap
- Brown turkey sausage in skillet and drain excess fat. Set aside.
- In the same pan, on medium-high heat, sautee peppers and onions with olive oil. Throw in all the spices and cook until the onion become translucent.
- Add liquid eggs (I only used about ¾ of the carton so you should have some left over). Use your best judgement for a vegetable to egg ratio. When eggs start to cook, add in the turkey sausage and cook altogether until eggs are cooked through.
- Set up your “wrapping station” for the burritos: A space for your pieces of plastic wrap to lie flat, and somewhere to put them once they’re wrapped
5. Lay out your piece of plastic wrap and burrito shell. Spread cheese on the bottom of the wrap, and then your egg-sausage mixture. Wrap tightly and then roll into plastic wrap securely. Repeat this process with all of wraps and place into plastic bag.
6. Throw in the freezer and enjoy whenever you want!
Calories 223. Fat 10g. Protein 23g.
KP’s Tip: I had some turkey-sausage mixture left over so I just threw the leftovers into a container in the fridge and had it for breakfast the next day. For a little spice, use pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar. They freezer wonderfully and reheat nicely too.