Serves 4, Serving size 2 skewers
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ c Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 can pineapple chunks
- 4-5 large jalapenos, cut into chunk and deveined and deseeded
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 20-25 skewers
- Skewer Glaze:
- 1/4c honey
- 1/4c Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Line large plate with wax paper. Mix first four ingredients together in bowl.
- Form bite-size meatballs and place on lined plate. This should make about 20 meatballs. If you have more than one layer, be sure to separate the layers between wax paper.
- Place plate in freezer and leave for about 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are firm.
- While the meatballs are in the freezer, chop up and prep all your veggies. Make sure the jalapenos are free from seeds and veins; otherwise they’ll be too hot!
- After the veggie prep, combine all three glaze ingredients and mix well until blended.
- Take meatballs out of the freezer when done and assemble skewers in the following order: meatball, jalapeno, 1 tomato and 2 pineapple chunks. Repeat until all skewers are completed.
- Preheat grill to about 375⁰ and spray with nonstick grill spray.
- Coat one side of the skewers with the glaze while still on the plate, and place glaze-side down on grill. Coat the other side with the glaze and let cook, about 10 minutes. Flip over and cook another 10 minutes.
- Continue to rotate until skewers are completely cooked through.
- Take off grill and enjoy!!
Calories 321. Fat 11g, Protein 23g, Carbs 33g
KP’s Tip: Pair with a side of brown rice or quinoa to complete the meal!