Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash & Meat Sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Italian seasoning
- Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 lbs hot italian sausage (or sausage of choice)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 jar diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Stab the squash with a fork or knife all around to poke holes in the flesh.
- Microwave for about 5 minutes..it will be hot, use oven mitts to remove it.
- Slice the stem off the squash, then slice in the half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasonings (I used s&p, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning).
- Place squash side down on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 1 hour.
- While that’s cooking, set your pressure cooker on the sauté setting.
- Add 1/2 onion chopped and drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil to sauté.
- Add 1lb ground beef (I used wagyu), and 2lbs ground sausage (I used hot Italian) mix to combine until cooked through and cancel the sauté function.
- Add 1 cup (1/2 jar) of tomato sauce and 1 can diced tomatoes.
- Cover and cook for 35 minutes. Once everything is done, plate it up and devour!