I’ve heard over and over from many female clients of mine that they stay away from weight lifting in fear of getting bulky and not toned. Well, I’m here to clear up those rumors and tell you why 80% of my workouts involve ONLY lifting! Among many reasons, here are just five reasons why it’s important for women especially to include lifting in their workout routine.
Serves 4, serving size 1 pepper half
- 2 large red peppers, raw
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1/3 c hot sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Non-stick spray
- Preheat oven to 350⁰.
- Rinse and slice peppers in half lengthwise and then devein the peppers (cutting out all seeds and hollowing out pepper).
- Lines baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray. Place pepper on tray and set aside.
- Cook ground chicken in skillet on medium to medium high heat. Continue to stir until cooked.
- Add hot sauce to chicken and mix.
- Once sauce and chicken is combined, stuff into pepper halves. You should be able to stuff all the chicken into the peppers evenly.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place peppers in oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are cooked.
Calories 283. Fat 15g. Protein 29g.
KP’s Tip: Pair with your favorite green vegetable or side salad for a colorful, low-carb and high protein meal!
Prime Life Nutrition is a Nutritional Counseling company located in Royersford, PA.
All visits are currently being held virtually. We service clients in Montgomery, Bucks, Delaware, Chester and Berks Counties.
From the Blog
- Mon - Sat: By Appointment
- Sunday: Closed
Phone: (484) 424-7177We work with individuals and corporations and accept most insurances.