Serves 6-8, Serving size 1/2 cup
- 5 ears of corn in-husk
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 cup feta cheese
- ½ tsp Cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat. Once heated, place ears of corn in the husk on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes, rotate to the other side and cook another 10 minutes. If the husk gets burned, not to worry. It will only give your corn more flavor on the inside.
- After corn is done, place on a heat-safe plate and let cool.
- While corn is cooling, slice the cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise, and then into thirds.
- Slice the avocados into bite-sized pieces and combine with the cherry tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Once corn is cool enough, cut the thick end of the corn off where the husk is (making sure to cut into the cob itself). You will then be able to squeeze the corn out, holding the top (hairy end) of the corn and slowly pushing the ear of corn out.
- Once you have done that with all of your corn, slice the corn right off the cob and place into the mixing bowl.
- Slice your lime in half and squeeze the juice into your bowl. Add feta and cilantro.
- Mix well to combine and eat up!
- Slice your lime in half and squeeze the juice into your mixing bowl. Add feta and cilantro.
Calories 145. Fat 7g, Protein 5g, Carbs 18g
KP’s Tip: This is a great starchy side to have with dinner. It works great with kabobs, since the grill will already be used for the corn!